i-Tech Snags Oban B Service Contract from SeaDragon
Subsea 7 Inc., through its i-Tech division, has announced the award of two new contracts with a total value in excess of US $20 million.
i-Tech has been awarded a five year contract by SeaDragon Offshore Limited for the provision of ROV and remote intervention technology services onboard the 6th generation new build deepwater semisubmersible rig Oban B.
i-Tech has also been awarded a five year contract by Larsen Oil & Gas Limited for the provision of ROV and remote intervention technology services onboard the 6th generation new build deepwater semi-submersible rig Petrorig III.
Both contracts are due to commence offshore operations early 2010 and will see the deployment of the first Centurion QX work-class ROV systems in Mexico.
The Centurion QX on both rigs will be provided with a bespoke launch and recovery system that maximizes ROV availability when operating in deepwater or adverse weather conditions.
i-Tech's Managing Director, Neil Milne, commented, "We are pleased to be working with SeaDragon for the first time and continuing our relationship with Larsen onboard their second rig to enter the Mexican market. These awards consolidate our position in this important, emerging market as Mexico looks to explore and develop its deepwater reserves."
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: i-Tech more info
- i-Tech Wins 5-Year ROV Contract Onboard La Muralla III (Oct 22)
- Tullow Chooses i-Tech for 5-Year ROV Services at Jubilee Field (Aug 12)
- Chevron Australia Honors I-Tech with 'Outstanding Contractor Award' (Dec 03)
Company: Larsen Oil & Gas Ltd more info
- LTHE Bags $140M EPIC Contract for India's Offshore Vasai East Project (Dec 29)
- Songa Offshore Enters Deepwater Drilling Market (Mar 24)
- Analysis: Pemex Strives to Increase Production through Offshore Drilling (Sep 11)
Company: SeaDragon Offshore more info
- Jurong Shipyard Secures Second Rig Order from SeaDragon (Jul 02)
- SeaDragon Taps Sembcorp to Build Ultra-Deepwater Semisub (Apr 06)
- Grenland Group Bags 4 Burner Boom Contracts for Oban B, Gander (Oct 27)