RWE Makes Eighth Oil Discovery in Libya
In addition to NOC's announcement on September 29, 2008, RWE Dea announced that its exploration success has reached a total of six discoveries in Concession NC 193. The well G1-NC 193 encountered oil in the Upper Satal Formation at a depth of 4631 to 4661 ft.
RWE Dea's New Field Wildcat G1-NC193 tested oil with a quality of 33.8 degrees API at a net rate of 426 bbls/day. This discovery is the latest in a string of eight during the last two years -- six in Concession NC 193 and two in Concession NC 195. It is located in the eastern vicinity of the previous B1 discovery, where already two appraisal wells have been drilled.
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Islamic State Claims Tripoli Attack, Says Oil Fields 'Legitimate Target' (Sep 11)
- NOC: Arson At Libyan Pipeline Causes Fire, No Significant Damage (Aug 16)
- Security Issues Continue to Plague Libya's Oil-Supply Growth (Jul 18)