Pemex Awards Global Industries Ixtal Pipeline Project in Bay of Campeche
Global Industries, Ltd. has been awarded a project from Pemex for pipeline work in Pemex's Ixtal Field in the Bay of Campeche.
The project, worth approximately US $75 million, is scheduled to begin in October and be completed by the end of January, 2009. Global will be utilizing the Shawnee as the main operating vessel, with other additional support vessels assisting.
Over 12 km of 24" pipe will be laid by Global, and the project also includes several pipeline crossings, risers, and expansion curves. Water depth at the project site is approximately 150 feet.
B.K. Chin, Global's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We have a close working relationship with Pemex, and have been active in the Ixtal Field for well over a year. The award of this project demonstrates Pemex's confidence in Global as a reliable contractor and solutions provider."
- Global Industries Scores 'Who Dat' Project Development in GOM (Mar 23)
- Global Industries Secures Multiple McMoRan Decommissioning Projects in GOM (Mar 07)
- Pemex Awards $125MM for Pipeline Work in GOM (Jun 01)
Company: Pemex more info
- Pemex Signs Landmark Offshore Deal (Sep 21)
- Data, Source: Mexico's State-Run Pemex Pauses Light Crude Exports (Aug 31)
- Bay of Campeche Subsea Tieback Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 01)