Santos Drills Ahead at Henry-2 ST Well
AWE has reported that the Henry-2 development sidetrack well, Henry-2 DW1, was preparing to set a kick off plug prior to redrilling the 12-1/4" hole. During the week, attempts were made to set the 9-5/8" casing down to the top of the Waarre A reservoir at a depth of 2,041 meters.
These attempts failed because of tight hole conditions. Prior to this, the well had drilled into the top of the Waarre A reservoir to a measured depth of 2,047 meters.
After redrilling the 12-1/4" hole and setting the 9-5/8" casing, the Henry-2 development well will drill through and complete a horizontal section through the Waarre A reservoir.
The Henry-2 DW1 development well is located about 3.5km NW of the Henry-1 discovery well and approximately 12 kilometers northwest of the Casino gas field in the VIC/P44 Block.
Henry-2 DW1 is the last well in the current drilling program, and will develop the Henry field discovered by Henry-1 well in July 2005.
Participants in VIC/P 44 are:
- AWE 25.0%
- Santos Limited (operator) 50.0%
- Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd 25.0%
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australia Worldwide Exploration more info
- AWE Updates on Drilling Ops at Trefoil-2 Offshore Australia (Nov 05)
- Origin Shuts-In Production at BassGas JV's Yolla-4 (Nov 19)
- Casino JV Hits Paydirt at Henry-2 (Oct 28)