Caspian Qala Platform Supply Vessel Set for BP Ops in Azerbaijan
Renaissance Services SAOG subsidiary TOPAZ Energy and Marine recently named their new build UT 755L Platform Supply Vessel "Caspian Qala" in Baku Azerbaijan.
The vessel is 72.60m in length, 16m breadth with a deadweight capacity of 3,300 tonnes. It is fitted with the highest industry standard technology which includes Dynamic Positioning notated II and an integrated tank washing system.
The vessel was built at SIMEK Shipyard in Flekkingfjord Norway at a cost of US $44 million and has now commenced a 7 year fixed term charter with 3 x 1 year options for BP Exploration in Azerbaijan. The vessel will be operated by Topaz subsidiary BUE Caspian Ltd.
The naming ceremony was attended by Rovnag Abdullayev the President of the State Oil Company of the Republic of Azerbaijan along with dignitaries from the Azerbaijan State Marine Administration, the Russian Maritime Service, BP Exploration (Azerbaijan) and senior officials of the Renaissance group.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Topaz Energy Group more info
- Topaz In Talks to Acquire Tx. Oil Properties (Oct 19)
- Topaz to Join Forces in Barnett Multi-Well Development Program (Sep 15)
- Topaz Expands Partner Program (Jul 08)
Company: Renaissance Services SAOG more info
- Renaissance to Operate 7 Vessels Offshore Turkmenistan (Oct 26)
- Renaissance Services Gains 7.6% Revenue Increase (Aug 12)
- Topaz Wins 10-Year Contract to Support Kashagan Devt Program (Jun 01)