CGGVeritas' Onshore Oman Seismic Acquisition Gets Extension
CGGVeritas has been awarded a multi-year contract extension by Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) to undertake a high-productivity high-density onshore seismic acquisition project in Oman.
In addition to increasing the number of active vibrator fleets, the extension doubles crew capacity to 25,000 channels, making it the largest high-resolution seismic operation in Oman. Work under the new configuration will commence at the beginning of 2009 and is expected to continue through the first quarter of 2011. This step change in crew configuration follows the recent update to 24-hour operations in Oman, another significant advance.
According to Robert Brunck, Chairman and CEO of CGGVeritas, "This multi-year project underlines the confidence PDO has in our expertise and we are very proud to have the opportunity to strengthen our long-term relationship and perform this high-density, high-productivity survey. The award further extends our leadership position in the high-end segment of the market and confirms the long-term commitment of CGGVeritas and its regional joint venture Ardiseis in Oman and the wider Middle East region."
- Oman Oil Firm Raises $4 Billion Loan for Projects (Jun 29)
- GlassPoint to Build Solar EOR Facility to Boost Oil Output at Oman Field (Jul 14)
- Petrofac Secures Services Contract with PDO in Oman (Jun 11)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)