BHP Billiton Resumes Production at GOM Deepwater Fields
BHP Billiton Petroleum announced that oil production has been safely restored at its Neptune and Shenzi/Genghis Khan fields in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico after Hurricane Ike caused the Company to shut-in production on both fields. Production is ramping up as the export pipelines are able to take the increasing volumes.
Natural gas from Neptune and Shenzi/Genghis Khan will be brought online as pipelines and infrastructure along the Gulf Coast permit.
BHP Billiton Petroleum also assessed the newly installed Shenzi Tension Leg Platform in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and found no damage that would hamper our ability to resume the construction process. Shenzi is scheduled to achieve first oil by the middle of calendar year 2009 with a nameplate capacity of 100,000 barrels of oil per day and 50 million cubic feet of gas per day.
The two deepwater drilling rigs under contract to BHP Billiton Petroleum, the GSF C.R. Luigs drillship and the Development Driller I semisubmersible, are back on location and have re-started their operations.
BHP Billiton Petroleum is the Operator of Neptune with a 35% interest. Partners include Marathon Oil Corporation (30%), Woodside Energy (USA) Inc. (20%), and Maxus (U.S.) Exploration Company (15%).
BHP Billiton Petroleum is the Operator of Shenzi with a 44% interest. Partners include Hess Corporation and Repsol YPF, each holding a (28%) stake.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Maxus more info
- BHP Billiton Resumes Production at GOM Deepwater Fields (Sep 25)
- BHP Billiton Hits Full Capacity at GOM's Neptune Platform (Jul 24)
- BHP Starts Up Production at GOM's Neptune Facility (Jul 07)