APL to Provide FLNG Equipment to Samsung Heavy Industries
APL has been awarded a contract from Samsung Heavy Industries for the delivery of Shipboard equipment packages for LNG FPSOs (FLNG). The firm order is for four Shipboard equipment packages, with an option for one additional package. The contract has a total value of US $90-100 million.
"We are very pleased with the confidence that Samsung has put in us on this project. We are one of the market leaders within advanced offshore loading and production systems for the oil and gas industry, and the leading contractor for deepwater LNG terminals. The prospects for the FLNG market is looking very promising, and this contract confirms our technological strength and ability to take on new business also within this area," said Carl K. Arnet, CEO of BW Offshore.
The Shipboard equipment packages will be delivered through 2009 to 2011. The end client for the contract is Flex LNG, which has entered into turnkey contracts with Samsung Heavy Industries for the FLNG topsides and vessels.
APL is a market leader in the development, fabrication and sale of turret mooring systems and a wholly owned subsidiary of BW Offshore.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: APL more info
- APL to Provide FLNG Equipment to Samsung Heavy Industries (Sep 25)
- Clough Snags Contract for Installation Services in Norway (Jul 01)
- Petrobras and its Partners Approve Chinook Cascade FPSO Contract (Oct 09)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)