BJ to Provide Hammer Conductor-Driving Services Offshore Norway
BJ Services Company's Tubular Services line has been awarded a contract by Talisman Energy Norge AS (TENAS) to provide hydraulic hammer conductor-driving services and associated equipment in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
BJ Services will carry out these services on Talisman's Yme Gamma field in the NCS Block 9/2 offshore Norway. Talisman plans to redevelop the Yme field, which has been characterized by its considerable reserves, using a surface facility located directly above the Gamma accumulation.
"This contract award from Talisman represents the first time that we will provide hammer conductor-driving services for this valued customer in Norway, and further illustrates BJ Services' ability to provide multiple services globally," said Kenny Watt, VP of BJ Services' Tubular Services line.
The nine 30-inch conductors will be driven to a minimum of 95m (295 ft) into the seabed by BJ Services from the Maersk Giant jackup rig. The operation will take place during a six-week period scheduled to commence in autumn 2008. The contract will be supported from the BJ Services base in Tananger, Norway. BJ Services is currently carrying out a preliminary conductor-driving survey of the project, with a view to providing comprehensive design and engineering support and project management services.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)