EnCore Spuds Esmond Well in UK North Sea
EnCore Oil plc has announced that the Esmond field pressure test well has spudded. The Energy Enhancer jackup rig is drilling the well which is located on UK North Sea Block 43/13a.
The Esmond evaluation well is required to confirm that the underlying reservoir pressure has not risen significantly since the field was depleted and abandoned. Drilling operations are expected to be completed in approximately 21 days.
As part of the commercial arrangements between Star Energy (now a subsidiary of Petronas) and EnCore, Star Energy will bear the entire cost of drilling of this well. EnCore has a 50% interest in the project and Star Energy, the Operator, also has a 50% interest.
Operates 7 Offshore Rigs
- You Don't Need Asia To Get $12 For Your Liquefied Natural Gas (Feb 27)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Malaysia's Petronas Offers New Bergading Condensate For March (Jan 25)
Company: Northern Offshore more info
- Northern Offshore Delays Delivery of 2 Jackups Now Being Built in China (Apr 01)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)
- Energy Searcher Signed Up for Nigeria Drill (Dec 09)
Company: Star Energy more info
- Providence, Star Sign Agreement for Dragon License (Nov 12)
- Star Energy Group Fires Up Production at Avington Oil Field (Jan 27)
- EnCore Notes Preliminary Pressure Results at Esmond Reservoir (Nov 04)