Punj Lloyd Nabs Fourth EPC Contract in Qatar
Punj Lloyd has been awarded the Engineering, Procurement, Installation, and Commissioning of Strategic Gas Transmission Project, worth US $800 million (Rs 3636 crores), from Qatar Petroleum. The project includes laying of 211 km of pipeline with associated stations and infrastructure.
The project will transport 2000 MMSCFD1of sweet lean gas from Ras Laffan to different consumers via 36 inch diameter pipelines. Work on the project is expected to be completed in 32 months.
According to Atul Punj, Chairman of Punj Lloyd Group, "This is the fourth EPC contract that we have bagged in Qatar and this prestigious contract demonstrates the confidence of the client in Punj Lloyd Group's capability in executing large and challenging projects. The project will facilitate in meeting the power and water production growth of Qatar.
"Middle East is a key market for us. Owing to the rapid infrastructure and oil & gas development in the region, we will continue to secure large ticket orders for our portfolio. I am glad our strategy of operating in different geographies is paying rich dividends," he added.
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Qatar Says It's Fulfilling Oil and Gas Deals Despite Gulf Crisis (Sep 13)
- Cyprus Says to Push Ahead with Energy Plans Despite Challenges (Jun 29)
Company: Punj Lloyd more info
- Court Orders Payment Freeze on Swiber's Bank Guarantee for Indian Projects (Aug 10)
- Punj Lloyd Group Bags Pipeline Service Contract for India's Mangla Project (Jan 08)
- Punj Lloyd Group Boasts Revenue Growth of 69% (Oct 23)