Sonsub Adds 3 New Latest Gen Innovator ROVs to UK Fleet
The ROV fleet of Sonsub in the UK has been augmented with the arrival of three brand new latest generation Innovator 250s. Designed and built in-house by Sonsub's own research and development team, these heavy construction class systems are capable of the highest level of activity, providing unrivalled power and control for deepwater operations, while retaining the now established advantages of the Innovator class.
As well as an upgrade to 250hp power system, these new ROVs come with state-of-the-art heavy weather Launch and Recovery Systems (LARS) to enhance operational capability in harsher conditions, plus new fully electric umbilical winches featuring active heave compensation, high speed deployment and quieter operating conditions.
The vehicles are being deployed on Sonsub's own fleet of subsea construction vessels, with Innovators 21 and 22 already onboard the Bourbon Pearl and Normand Cutter respectively, and Innovator 23 planned for the Far Samson later this year.
General Manager Giorgio Martelli said, "The new Innovator 250s are a first in the subsea industry, for both sheer power and sophistication and our construction projects will soon see the benefits of such unique machines."
- Sonsub's Bar Protector Reaches Milestone Safety Achievment (Oct 15)
- Sonsub Scores Subsea Tie-In Work at West Don Development (Jun 05)
- Sonsub Snags Third Extension for IRM Project in Mediterranean Sea (Jun 05)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)