Aker Snags $50MM Contract to Deliver Deepwater Drilling Riser System
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract for the delivery of a complete deepwater marine drilling riser system with buoyancy package and associated equipment from offshore drilling company Atwood Oceanics. Contract value is approximately US $50 million.
The 10,000 ft deepwater drilling riser system will be manufactured and delivered out of Aker Solutions' high-tech manufacturing center in Malaysia. Buoyancy modules will be manufactured at the same location by Aker Solutions subsidiary Phoenix Polymers International Ltd.
Delivery of the deepwater drilling riser system is scheduled for 2012. It will be used for one of Atwood's semisubmersible drilling rigs.
"The boom in the global rig market continues and we are benefiting from it," said Svein Haug, Senior Vice President Umbilical & Riser, Aker Solutions. "This is the second contract we are signing with Atwood this year. We are very pleased to get the opportunity to work with them again."
The contract party is Aker Solutions subsidiary Aker Subsea AS.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)