Nido, Kairiki Discover Oil at Yakal-1 in Philippines' SC 54
Nido Petroleum Limited and its Joint Venture partner Kairiki Energy Limited have provided a progress report on the Yakal-1 well currently drilling in SC 54, located in the NW Palawan Basin, offshore the Philippines.
To date, Yakal-1 has drilled into the top of the Nido Formation reservoir at 1,773 mRT (meters below the rig rotary table) some 43 meters high to prognosis.
The 9 5/8" inch casing has been set across the overlying Pagasa Formation and an 8 1/2" hole drilled through the Nido Formation reservoir to a total depth 1,969.5 mRT.
While drilling, the reservoir section to 1,862 mRT showed elevated mud log gas readings (C1 to C5) combined with strong oil fluorescence in cuttings recovered to surface.
Wireline logging over the weekend has confirmed the presence of at least a 66 meter gross oil column in the Nido reservoir section between 1,773 mRT and 1,839 mRT. No definitive oil-water-contact (OWC) has yet been determined and the SC 54 Joint Venture is continuing to evaluate the oil bearing section with further electric logs. This will include wireline pressure measurements and fluid samples across the oil-bearing section which should clarify the extent of the oil column below 1,839mRT. The well is being drilled by the Wilboss jackup.
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)
Company: Kairiki Energy Limited more info
- Kairiki Energy to Dispose Stake in Yilgarn Petroleum Philippines to IMC (Jun 09)
- Shell Farms-In to Philippine Block for Nido-Kairiki JV; Swaps Rigs (Jan 31)
- Kairiki Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Aug 25)