Noble Energy Makes Louisiana Discovery
Noble Energy reports that the Louisiana State Lease 340 No. 1 (Mound Point Prospect) has been drilled and evaluated to a measured depth of 19,024 feet. Evaluation of the logs and cores indicated three middle Miocene aged sands with a total of 111 feet of net natural gas pay.
Noble Energy and its partners plan to complete the Mound Point Prospect well, and production is expected to commence early in the fourth quarter of 2003. Noble Energy owns a 24.98 percent working interest in this prospect. El Paso Production Company is the operator with a 31.98 percent working interest. ChevronTexaco Corp. has a 42.98 percent working interest with the remaining partner owning .056 percent.
Noble Energy also recently spudded another deep shelf prospect, Eugene Island 317 using Diamond Offshore's jackup, Ocean Spartan. Eugene Island 317 is designed to drill to a total depth of 18,500 feet. Noble Energy is the operator with a 66.67 percent working interest. Spinnaker Exploration Company has a 33.33 percent working interest.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Spinnaker Exploration more info
- Deepwater Keeps Gulf Strong (Mar 21)
- Western Gulf of Mexico Sale 196 Nets $283,441,874 in High Bids (Jan 06)
- Norsk Hydro Strengthens Upstream Focus (Dec 15)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)