Magellan Drills Duster at Gregory River
Magellan Petroleum reports that the Gregory River-3 ST 1 well has been plugged and abandoned as a dry hole. The well intersected some 386 meters of the Gregory Sandstone, (the primary objective of the well). A flow test of this section (2666 meters to 3050 meters) failed to produce any flow of natural gas. Consequently the well has been plugged and abandoned. OD&E Rig 20 has been released.
The Gregory River-3 well is located approximately 30 kilometers south of the town of Bundaberg in Queensland, Australia, within the Maryborough Basin in Permit ATP 613P. Magellan is the operator with a 50% interest and Novus Petroleum holds the remaining 50%.
- Magellan Sells Australia's Mereenie Field Bonus Rights to Macquarie Bank (May 20)
- Magellan Reappoints Ex-Chief Financial Officer (Jun 11)
- Oilfield Discovered Onshore UK near London's Gatwick Airport (Oct 24)
Company: Novus Petroleum more info
- Novus Louisiana Changes Name, Appoints New President (Mar 22)
- Santos to Acquire Some Novus Assets from PT Medco (Jun 07)
- Beach Spuds Reg Sprigg West-1 Well (May 17)