First Calgary, Eni to Amend Plan of Arrangement
First Calgary Petroleums Ltd. has agreed with Eni S.p.A. and its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Eni Canada Holding Ltd., to amend the terms of the arrangement agreement and related form of plan of arrangement entered into by the parties on September 7, 2008.
The amendments provide that FCP will redeem its convertible bonds under the plan of arrangement using funds provided by the Purchaser (as opposed to the Purchaser purchasing the bonds as originally contemplated). Each convertible bond outstanding will be redeemed by FCP for the originally contemplated consideration of 108% of par value on the date which is the later to occur of (i) the effective date of the arrangement or (ii) the date falling five London business days after the date notice of redemption is given to the bondholders, the registrar for the bonds and BNY Corporate Trustee Services Limited, as trustee. Bondholders will be paid accrued interest to but excluding the date of redemption.
The amendments were made to address certain mechanical issues associated with the Purchaser acquiring the bonds, and no other unrelated amendments were made to the terms of the arrangement agreement and form of plan of arrangement. The completion of the arrangement (as amended) will require (among other things) the approval of 66 2/3% of the votes cast at a meeting of FCP shareholders and approval of 75% of the votes cast by bondholders at a meeting of FCP bondholders.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: First Calgary Petroleums Ltd. more info
- Eni Closes Acquisition of First Calgary (Nov 21)
- First Calgary Receives Approvals for Eni's Takeover Transaction (Oct 30)
- Oil Majors Set to Gain As Smaller Rivals Struggle (Oct 23)