Aker Snags EPC Contract for Subsea Services at Lavrans
Aker Solutions has been awarded an EPC contract by StatoilHydro for delivery of a subsea template and wellheads to phase one of the Lavrans development, as well as a study for phase two of the project. Value of the initial EPC contract is approximately NOK 50 million.
Scope of work includes design, manufacturing and delivery of a four-slot subsea template and subsea wellheads. The four-slot subsea template will be manufactured at Aker Solutions' facility in Egersund, Norway, while the wellheads will come from Aberdeen, UK. Deliveries are scheduled for Q2 2009.
Aker Solutions has also been awarded a feasibility study by StatoilHydro, to develop a technical and commercial basis for a full Lavrans subsea system development. The scope of work includes the relevant areas such as well systems, subsea control system, manifold and umbilicals.
"The Lavrans subsea field is an interesting high temperature gas and condensate discovery that may be developed in several phases. We are pleased to be onboard from the beginning and we look forward to working with StatoilHydro on this project," said Egil Boyum, Senior Vice President for Subsea Systems, Aker Solutions.
The Lavrans reservoir is located in the Haltenbanken area of the Norwegian Sea, approximately 16 kilometers south of the Kristin platform.
Contract party is Aker Solutions subsidiary Aker Subsea AS.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)