BP Contracts Borgland Dolphin for Skarv Ops Offshore Norway
BP Norge has entered into a fixed term contract with Dolphin AS for use of their semisub Borgland Dolphin. The contract is for 433 days commencing January 2010 for pre-drilling in the Skarv field.
This contract is part of an eight company rig consortium that has a four year contract with Dolphin AS starting with drilling in the Skarv field.
BP also holds a contract with Awilco's WilPioneer for development drilling in the Skarv field. The combined rig capacity of the two contracts secures the drilling capacity required for production start up of Skarv in August 2011 and the continued development drilling in the field.
"This is another significant milestone in a series of recent contract awards. It demonstrates the commitment of the Skarv Joint Venture and determination to meet the production start up date," said Trevor Garlick Managing Director of BP Norge AS.
The Skarv partners are BP 23.85% (Operator), StatoilHydro 36.16%, E.ON Ruhrgas Norge As 28.08% and PGNIG Norway As 11.91%.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Down Is Up as Aging Oil Fields Defy Gravity to Pump More (Mar 09)
Company: PGNiG more info
- Poland Bets on LNG, Norway Gas as Divorce With Russia Looms (Feb 09)
- Poland's PGNiG Signs First Mid-Term Deal For LNG Supplies From US (Nov 21)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: E.ON more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)