BJ Services Wins North Sea Well Services Contract
BJ Services Company has been awarded a contract by RWE Dea UK Exploration Limited to provide well services support in the southern North Sea. The contract calls for BJ Services to install multiple 2-3/8" chrome velocity strings using a variety of services, including coiled tubing (CT), fluid pumping and nitrogen.
BJ Services will carry out these services on wells W1 and W2 on the Windermere platform located in the UK southern gas basin in Block 49/09. Engineering, operational and administrative support will be provided by well services personnel at the company's marine base in Great Yarmouth, England. The well service programme is scheduled to take place in Q4 2008.
Although the Windermere operation represents the first time BJ Services will work on behalf of RWE-Dea in this capacity, we are confident that with our in-depth experience in coiled tubing services and outstanding track record in running insert strings, the operation will be a success said John Anderson, region vice president - Europe and West Africa - Well Services for BJ Services.
BJ Services has a long history of carrying out successful operations in the UK Continental Shelf.
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)