Zion, AME Ink Drilling Rig Deal for Planned Well in Northern Israel
Zion Oil & Gas, Inc. and Aladdin Middle East ("AME") have signed a drilling contract. Last week, Zion's Chief Executive Officer, Richard Rinberg, and the President and Chief Operating Officer of Zion, Glen Perry, visited AME's offices in Ankara, Turkey, in order to inspect AME’s rig and equipment yard, meet with key AME personnel and finalize the terms of the drilling contract.
The contract was executed by both parties on September 12, 2008. Under the terms of the contract AME has committed to provide a completely refurbished and updated 2,000 horsepower rig and crews (anticipated to arrive in Israel in November 2008) and to drill Zion's planned Ma'anit-Rehoboth-2 well 'directionally' to below 18,000 feet. The well is planned to appraise the strong shows seen in the Triassic (during the drilling of the Ma’anit-1 well) and to drill deeper into the Permian formation. It will be the first well drilled to the Permian in Northern Israel. The commencement of the drilling program is subject to receipt of various government permits and raising additional capital, whether through Zion's current public offering or otherwise.
Richard Rinberg, Zion's Chief Executive Officer, said, "This is an important milestone for Zion, one which we have been working towards for a long time. We are very impressed by the quality of AME’s rig and the professionalism of their people. We appreciate the hospitality shown to us by AME during our visit and are excited about working with AME and drilling our next wells, just as soon as we can."
- Zion Granted Approval to Drill Well Onshore Israel (Dec 02)
- Zion in Talks with Viking for Land Rig to Drill in Megiddo-Jezreel License (Jun 30)
- Israel Grants Zion Megiddo-Jezreel Petroleum License (Dec 11)
Company: Aladdin Oil & Gas more info
- Zion Oil Anticipates Drilling Commencement in Israel by April 2009 (Mar 20)
- Aladdin O&G Drills Successful Well in Ukhta (Feb 04)
- Aladdin O&G Uncovers Hydrocarbons at Orenburg's Bogdanovskaya License (Jan 19)