Gas Injection Module in Place on Oseberg C
The new gas injection module was in place on Oseberg C on May 14th, after Saipem UK's lifting vessel S7000 had carried out a faultless lifting operation. The module left Kvaerner Rosenberg in Stavanger, where it was built, on Monday. "The lifting operation went according to plan, says Tom Røtjer, senior vice president in Hydro Technology and Projects (HTP).
"The module was delivered to Hydro from Aker Kvaerner last Friday, with virtually no outstanding work remaining – an excellent achievement by Aker Kvaerner, who signed the contract for the module engineering, purchasing and building only 14 months ago, and who started building at the end of July/beginning of August 2002, i.e. only 9 months ago," says Røtjer.
A maintenance shutdown was completed on Oseberg C on Thursday May 8th, and being able to install the module now, just a few days later, is optimal in relation to the completion of the project.
"In addition to building the new module, the project also includes significant modification work on the existing platform. This has been ongoing since October, and we are very pleased that we have been able to get as much done as was possible before the module was lifted into place," he adds.
The task that now remains is to link the module up to the rest of the platform and then test to ensure that everything functions as it should. The new compressor will start on September 1st.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)