Rowan to Deliver 4 New 2000-HP Land Rigs to EnCana
Rowan Companies, Inc. has entered into three-year contracts with EnCana for four new 2000-horsepower land rigs. Delivery of the first rig is scheduled for May 2009, with each additional rig to follow approximately every three months thereafter.
Two additional land rigs are currently under construction and just received three-year contracts, one with EnCana and one with Common Resources; those rigs are expected to be delivered in November 2008 and January 2009, respectively.
The new contracts total 18 rig-years, and should provide approximately $175 million of drilling revenues. All six rigs will work in Texas, Louisiana or Oklahoma.
Danny McNease, Rowan Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "These contracts show our customers' continued confidence in the strength of the deep-gas drilling market in the United States and in the quality of Rowan's drilling equipment and personnel."
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: EnCana more info
- Permian's Mammoth Cubes Herald Supersized Future for Shale (Feb 22)
- Why Canada Is The Next Frontier For Shale Oil (Jan 29)
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)