Beach Ready to Kick Off Cooper Basin Drilling Program in October
Beach Petroleum has contracted the Ensign 30 rig for a minimum five well Cooper Basin drilling program that is scheduled to commence on October 8, 2008.
Beach will fully fund and operate the Brownlow-1 and Canunda-1 exploration wells in PEL 106 as part of a farm-in agreement with Drillsearch Energy Limited that will earn Beach a 50% interest in the Beach Farm-in Block of PEL 106. Both wells will target gas/condensate reserves in Patchawarra Formation sands analogous to the Raven and Middleton fields.
Following these wells, two near-field exploration prospects, Gunyah-1 and Perlubie-1, will be drilled in the prolific PEL 92 permit (Beach 75%). These locations lie immediately to the south of the now-producing Parsons Oil Field and will target Jurassic oil objectives. Additional drilling opportunities for the program are being examined.
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Drillsearch Energy more info
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)
Company: Ensign more info
- Ensign Rig Heads to PetroFrontier's MacIntyre Well (May 31)
- Rowan Parts with Land Drilling Division (Jul 20)
- Ensign Posts Lower Earnings for 2009 (Mar 15)