Discover Petroleum to Use Aker Barents to Drill PL469 Well
Gaz de France and Discover have agreed with Aker Exploration to use the newbuild semisub, Aker Barents, for the commitment well in PL 469. It is estimated that the well will spud in Spring 2009. The agreement implies that Discover reduces the equity share from 30% to 22.5 %.
“We are satisfied to have secured a rig for the first well in the license”, Managing Director Lars T. Bjerke says. PL 469 is located south of the Draugen Field, and the acreage was awarded to Gaz de France (Operator) and Discover in APA 07.
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)
Company: Discover Petroleum AS more info
- AGR Secures Major North Sea Drilling Campaign (Apr 26)
- Discover Petroleum, Norut Launch Joint Research Project (Oct 27)
- Peru Suspends Oil Contracts, Fires Official In Scandal (Oct 06)