Discover Petroleum Secures Rig Capacity for Two Wells
Discover Petroleum AS has together with several other companies secured a contract for the Borgland Dolphin semisub. The total contract is for three years and starts early 2010, with a value of approximately US $600 million.
Discover Petroleum’s part of the contract is 115 days. This is sufficient to drill two explorations wells and the first one is estimated to be drilled in 2011.
We are pleased that we have entered into this contract in a difficult rig marked, says Ole Magnar Dronen, Director of Petroleum Technology and Operations. It shows that even small companies could compete for rig capacity by cooperation with other companies.
Securing rig capacity is in line with the company’s strategy as an operator. We are confident that the combination of the PetroMarker exploration tool and efficient rig capacity will enable Discover to grow as an operator, says Ole Magnar Dronen.
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Discover Petroleum AS more info
- AGR Secures Major North Sea Drilling Campaign (Apr 26)
- Discover Petroleum, Norut Launch Joint Research Project (Oct 27)
- Peru Suspends Oil Contracts, Fires Official In Scandal (Oct 06)