Keppel On-Time for Delivery of Scorpion's Fourth Jackup
Keppel AmFELS Inc., the US wholly-owned subsidiary of Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited, has delivered Scorpion Offshore's fourth jackup drilling rig.
The yard received a bonus of US $1.35 million upon the successful delivery of the rig to Scorpion.
Named Offshore Vigilant, the rig is one of five LeTourneau Super 116 jackups that were commissioned by Scorpion in 2005. Two units, Offshore Courageous and Offshore Defender, were delivered in 2007 and the third, Offshore Resolute, in May this year. All were completed on-time. The fifth unit is expected to be completed in 2009.
All five rigs are identical. Each incorporates a 70 ft cantilever, the maximum reach currently available for all but a few harsh environment units. Each is capable of working in 350 ft of water as outfitted or in water of depths up to 400 ft through the installation of additional leg sections. The drilling depth is approximately 30,000 feet.
Offshore Vigilant has been chartered by Gazprom for its maiden operations offshore Venezuela beginning in October 2008.
Presently, Keppel AmFELS is also busy with the construction of rigs for Diamond Offshore, Atwood Oceanics, Perforadora Central and Rowan Companies.
- Serbia, Russia Revive Gas Pipeline Plans (Mar 09)
- Poland Bets on LNG, Norway Gas as Divorce With Russia Looms (Feb 09)
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
Company: Atwood Oceanics more info
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 18 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)
Company: Perforadora Mexico more info
- Aqualis Wins Rig Support Contract Offshore Mexico (Jul 06)
- Keppel On-Time for Delivery of Scorpion's Fourth Jackup (Sep 10)
- LeTourneau Delivers Ex-Im-backed Rig to Perforadora Central (Jun 21)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)