Questerre Underscores Field Development at St. Lawrence Lowlands
Questerre Energy Corporation has announced that work is underway on Questerre et al #1 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu test well in the St. Lawrence Lowlands with partner Gastem Inc. Questerre is Operator of the well and holds an 80% working interest in this permit.
The well is being drilled to obtain core samples and logs to evaluate the shale gas potential in shallower Utica and Lorraine formations in the southern portion of the play.
Michael Binnion, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "This is an exciting high risk opportunity to extend the Utica shale play to the shallow acreage in the St. Lawrence Lowlands. Although the potential for the well is lower than some of our other projects, it is also lower cost and therefore is more likely to generate economic returns in the short term."
Subject to final drilling results, the well may be fracture stimulated and tested.
- Questerre Inks MOU with MEMR to Appraise, Develop Jordan's Oil Shale Blocks (May 25)
- Questerre: Completion Ops Underway at Gentilly Well (Jul 09)
- Testing Commences on St. Edouard Horizontal Well (Feb 02)
Company: Gastem more info
- Gastem Gets NY Nod to Hydro-Frac Well (Sep 21)
- Gastem Notes Operations Underway at St. Hyacinthe Well (Aug 05)
- Gastem Updates on St. Barnabe Well (Jun 07)