Tracerco Secures Pipeline Tech Work for Norwegian Fields
Leading technology specialist Tracerco has secured a contract with Technip Norge AS to provide its pipeline technology for its subsea pipelines project on StatoilHydro's Alve and Yttergryta fields.
Tracerco's unique technique works by 'tagging' the pig with a purpose-designed radioisotope, which can pinpoint its location to within five centimeters and provides in-situ, real-time tracking of pigs. It provides customers with "insight onsite" about the performance of their pipelines and can prevent lengthy delays and costs can be incurred tracking pigs that become lodged. The Company's pig tracking device is not constrained by power supply and can provide virtually unlimited tracking time.
As part of its precision diagnostics portfolio, Tracerco offers a number of monitoring techniques that can be used to ensure the effective flow of oil and gas through an oil and gas processing facility or pipeline.
The Alve field will be phased in via tie-back to the Norne field and production is scheduled to start in early 2009. A maximum gas production of around four million cubic meters (scm) per day is expected from the field. Yttergryta is a gas and condensate field development with a simple subsea production facility on the seabed and a pipeline tied back to the Asgard B platform. Production for the field is expected to commence in early 2009.
Magne Husebo from Tracerco said, "As a leading pipeline technology specialist, we are delighted to have won such a prestigious contract. It is an honour to have been chosen by Technip Norge AS to work on the Alve and Yttergryta field developments.
"Until recently these direct, non-intrusive measurements of pipeline contents were thought impossible but the technology is now being used by many operators and its use is rapidly growing around the world. We look forward to using our in-depth knowledge and experience of this area to assist with this project."
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)
Company: Tracerco more info
- OTC 2015: Tracerco Collects Tech Award, Launches Inspection Product (May 05)
- Tracerco Expands North Sea Ops with New Norwegian Base (Sep 02)
- Tracerco Sets Up Shop in Shanghai (Jun 23)