Energy Enhancer Jackup Set to Drill Esmond Field in UK North Sea
EnCore Oil plc has announced that the Energy Enhancer jackup rig contracted by Star Energy Group plc to drill the well on the Esmond field located on UK North Sea Block 43/13a is expected to mobilize to the drilling location this week and drilling operations should commence shortly thereafter.
The Esmond evaluation well is required to confirm that the underlying reservoir pressure has not risen significantly since the field was depleted and abandoned. Drilling operations are expected to be completed within 25 days of the well spudding.
Alan Booth, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "The information provided from the pressure test will help fully define the potential size and scope of the Esmond Gordon gas storage project. Once defined, we will have greater certainty on the value."
As part of the commercial arrangements between Star Energy (now a subsidiary of Petronas) and EnCore, Star Energy will bear the entire cost of drilling of this well. EnCore has a 50% interest in the project and Star Energy, the operator, also has a 50%. interest.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Northern Offshore more info
Manages 1 Offshore Rigs
- Northern Offshore Delays Delivery of 2 Jackups Now Being Built in China (Apr 01)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)
- Energy Searcher Signed Up for Nigeria Drill (Dec 09)
Company: Star Energy more info
- Providence, Star Sign Agreement for Dragon License (Nov 12)
- Star Energy Group Fires Up Production at Avington Oil Field (Jan 27)
- EnCore Notes Preliminary Pressure Results at Esmond Reservoir (Nov 04)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)