StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead for Transocean Winner Drilling
Wellbore 15/5-7 A will be drilled from the Transocean Winner semisub following the completion of the drilling of appraisal well 15/5-7 for StatoilHydro in production licence 048.
The drilling program for wellbore 15/5-7 A consists of the drilling of a sidetrack well in production licence 048. StatoilHydro is the operator with an ownership interest of 78.2%, and Total is the other licensee with an ownership interest of 21.8%. The area in this production licence consists of two parts of block 15/5. Block 15/5 lies just northwest of the Sleipner area in the North Sea.
Production licence 048 was awarded in the third licensing round on the Norwegian shelf in 1977. This is the fourth well to be drilled in this production licence.
The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)