Sibneft & Yukos Reach Agreement for Creation of YukosSibneft
The principal shareholders of OAO Sibneft and YUKOS Oil Company have signed definitive agreements under which YUKOS:
- will acquire shares representing 20% of the issued share capital of Sibneft less one share for a total cash consideration equivalent to US $3 billion ("Share Purchase") and
- will acquire up to 72% of the issued share capital of Sibneft plus one share in exchange for up to 26.01% of the fully diluted share capital of the new YukosSibneft ("Share Exchange").
Sibneft principal shareholders and YUKOS have also agreed that the combined company will have moderate leverage. It is intended that the total net debt at December 31, 2003 will not exceed US $5 billion subject to possible adjustment if agreed between the parties in the case of new acquisitions. The individual net debt positions of both companies prior to completion will reflect their relative values as parts of the combined entity.
- Dutch Court Overturns $50B Yukos Award Against Russia (Apr 20)
- Rosneft Hires 10 Banks for $2B Debt Refinancing (Feb 04)
- Rosneft to Cut $9.2B of Debt with Yukos Sale Proceeds (Jun 27)
Company: Sibneft more info
- Moving into Russian Upstream, Eni Acquires Yukos Assets for $5.83B (Apr 04)
- Sibneft Names New Vice President for Production (Feb 02)
- Sibneft Wins Auction for Elleisky Block in Tomsk Region (Dec 21)