NuCoastal to Charter Deep Driller 7 for Offshore Thailand Ops
Coastal Energy Company announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, NuCoastal (Thailand) Limited, has signed a Letter of Intent ("LOI") with Deep Drilling 7 Pte. Ltd. for a three-month charter of the newbuild jackup rig Deep Driller 7.
The rig, a Baker Marine Pacific Class 375, is currently undergoing acceptance testing at the PPL Shipyard in Singapore and is expected to commence operations in the Company's Songkhla field in the Gulf of Thailand by late September 2008. The LOI allows for an extension of up to an additional three months.
Drilling capital expenditures are expected to be approximately $9 million higher over the three month period utilizing the Deep Driller 7 rather than the originally contracted jackup. Management believes that the incremental costs will be largely offset by increased efficiency gains.
Randy Bartley, Chief Executive Officer of Coastal Energy, commented, "We are excited to finalize this agreement. The Deep Driller 7 will help the Company achieve its goal of first production at Songkhla by year end."
The Company has retained the option to utilize the previously contracted rig, if appropriate, pursuant to the amended drilling contract.
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Deep Drilling Invest Pte Ltd more info
- NuCoastal to Charter Deep Driller 7 for Offshore Thailand Ops (Sep 02)
- PPL Secures Second Rig Construction Contract (Feb 14)
- Keppel Wins Third KFELS Jackup Order from Sinvest (Feb 14)
Company: NuCoastal more info
- Atwood Awarded Contract Extension for Vicksburg (Apr 26)
- Nucoastal Extends Contract for Atwood Vicksburg (Apr 15)
- Atwood Notes Richmond, Vicksburg Rig Contracts (Jan 20)
Company: Coastal Energy Co. more info
- First Oil Flows from Banang Field in KBM Cluster Off Peninsular Malaysia (Sep 05)
- Coastal Energy Completes Merger With Cepsa's Unit (Jan 20)
- First Oil Flows from Kapal, Banang, Merantai Cluster off Peninsula Malaysia (Jan 13)