Canadian Superior Spuds Endeavour Well Offshore Trinidad
Canadian Superior Energy Inc., as Operator of the Intrepid Block 5(c), announced that on August 28, 2008, it successfully spudded the Endeavour well with the Kan Tan IV semisubmersible drilling rig.
The Endeavour well is located approximately 5.2 miles north from the recently announced Bounty natural gas discovery on the Intrepid Block 5(c). As of September 2, 2008, the Endeavour well has been spudded (August 28th), successfully drilled to a depth of 1,227 feet subsea where the 30" surface conductor casing was run and cemented in place; and, the next section of the hole, the 26" section, has been drilled to approximately 2,305 feet subsea (06:00 EDT).
The Endeavour well is planned to be drilled to a total vertical depth of approximately 18,000 feet subsea in about 940 feet of water and is expected to take approximately 100 days to drill. The Kan Tan IV semisubmersible drilling rig, which recently drilled the Victory and Bounty natural gas discovery wells on Canadian Superior's Intrepid Block 5(c), is drilling the Endeavour well, in this initial 3 well program.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Canadian Superior Energy more info
- Canadian Superior Energy Notes Operational Updates (Jun 03)
- Canadian Superior Energy Posts 1Q10 Results (May 13)
- Canadian Superior Energy Waves Goodbye to COO (May 05)