Premier Set to P&A Chim Cong Well in Vietnam's Block 12W
The Chim Cong well on Block 12W in Vietnam has been drilled into the basement to a total depth of 2,964 meters, resulting in an oil discovery.
Wireline logging indicated that 7 meters of net oil pay was encountered in a sandstone overlying the basement. A drill stem test confirmed the discovery. Owing to poor rock quality of the reservoir at this location, the oil flow rate achieved was marginal.
The well, drilled by the jackup Wilboss, will now be plugged and abandoned. The partners intend to further investigate this discovery in order to more clearly ascertain the commercial potential of this new play.
Elsewhere on Block 12W, similar sandstones are of reasonable quality. Premier will now evaluate the extent of the better quality sandstone and thus determine the potential resource within Chim Cong and the potential for similar accumulations within this stratigraphic unit in Block 12W.
Premier (Operator) holds a 37.5% interest in Block 12W, with partners Santos (37.5%) and Delek Energy (25%).
Premier's Chief Executive, Simon Lockett, said, "This result is encouraging for the remaining potential of the block. We will now assimilate the information from this program before identifying the next set of targets for this block. Meanwhile our development teams continue to advance our plans for the development of the Chim Sao oilfield, which is our development priority on Block 12W."
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
Company: Delek Energy more info
- Delek Said to Start Roadshow for $1.1 Billion Gas IPO Next Week (Jun 22)
- EnQuest in Talks to Sell 20% Stake in Kraken Oilfield to Israel's Delek (Jul 18)
- Leviathan Partners Raise Annual Natgas Production Forecast (Feb 25)
Company: Premium Drilling more info
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)