Santos Spuds Henry-2 Pilot Well, Drilling Ahead
AWE reported that the Henry Field development drilling program has commenced with the drilling of Henry-2 pilot well on August 24, 2008. At 0600 hours today, the rig was drilling ahead from 581 meters after setting surface conductor at a measured depth of 132 meters.
The Henry-2 pilot well is designed to confirm the quality, thickness and structural elevation of the Waarre "A" Sandstone gas reservoir intersected in the Henry-1 discovery well which is located about 3.5km SE of this pilot hole. This well will be drilled to a planned total depth of 2,047 meters.
The Henry-2 DW1 sidetracked development well will follow immediately after this pilot hole. Henry-2 is located in VIC/P 44, approximately 12 kilometers north west of the Casino gas field. Henry-2 is the last well in the current drilling program, and will develop the Henry field discovered by Henry 1 well in July 2005. Prior to the current well, the Pecten East-1 exploration well, Netherby-1 exploration well and Netherby-1 DW1 development well were drilled. Pecten East-1 was plugged and abandoned having encountered residual gas. Netherby-1 was a successful exploration well which was immediately followed by a successful development well Netherby-1 DW1.
Participants in VIC/P 44 are:
- AWE 25.0%
- Santos Limited (Operator) 50.0%
- Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd. 25.0%
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)