Dong Gets Thumbs Up from NPD to Drill with Maersk Guardian
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted a drilling permit for wellbore 3/7-7 to Dong E&P Norge AS.
Wellbore 3/7-7 will be drilled from the jackup Maersk Guardian at position 56 degrees 24' 10.32"N and 4 degrees 18' 02.91"E following the drilling of wildcat well 1/3-11 for Dong E&P Norge AS in production license 274.
The drilling program for wellbore 3/7-7 applies to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 289. Dong E&P Norge AS is the Operator with an ownership interest of 40%. The other licensees are Talisman Energy Norge with an ownership interest of 30%, Gaz de France Norge AS with an ownership interest of 16% and Faroe Petroleum Norge AS with an ownership interest of 14%.
The area in this permit consists of parts of block 3/7 in the far south of the North Sea. The well will be drilled just east of the 3/7-4 discovery proven in 1990 near the border with the Danish shelf.
The license was awarded in 2003 (NST 2002). This is the 7th well in this permit. The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)