Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington
Oilexco, the Operator of the Huntington field in the UK, where Noreco owns a 20% share, has entered into a letter of intent with Bluewater for deployment of the Floating Production, Storage and Offloading vessel (FPSO) Glas Dowr at the Huntington field in the North Sea.
"This brings the Huntington field closer to development, and we will now finalize a field development plan for the first phase of development," said Scott Kerr, CEO.
The deployment of the Glas Dowr FPSO is subject to a final agreement between the parties.
Further details on the development plan for the Huntington field will be subject to a separate announcement later this year.
Noreco became a 20% owner of license P1114 in UK through the acquisition of Altinex ASA last year. The other owners of the license are Oilexco North Sea Limited (40%, operator) E.ON Ruhrgas UK Exploration and Production Limited (25%), and Carrizo Oil and Gas, Inc (15%). The license is located in the central part of the UK North Sea, close to existing fields and established infrastructure. The license contains the Huntington discovery, where two significant discoveries in reservoir of Paleocene (Forties formation) and Jurassic (Fulmar formation) age were made in June 2007. There is also a previous oil discovery in Triassic reservoirs in the license.
- Carrizo O&G Tags $500M for 2013 Capex (Jan 15)
- India State Cos Acquire 30% Stake in Carrizo's Shale Asset (Oct 04)
- Carrizo Sells Portion of Barnett Shale Assets for $190M (Mar 16)
Company: E.ON more info
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)
- Premier Oil to Acquire EON's UK North Sea Assets (Jan 13)
Company: Bluewater Energy more info
- Bluewater to Supply 2 Turret Mooring Systems for Kaombo Project off Angola (Jun 06)
- Technip Wins Cheviot Field Contract (Mar 29)
- Bluewater Unveils New Composite Cryogenic Hose for Next Gen LNG Transfer (May 26)
Company: Oilexco more info
- Flexlife Completes Major Projects Using New Scanning Technology (Sep 15)
- Oilexco Files Eighth Default Status Report (Jul 21)
- Oil's Move Could Fuel E&P Deals (May 27)
Company: Altinex Oil AS more info
- NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat (Aug 28)
- Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea (Jan 27)
- Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington (Aug 27)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)