Mariner Ups Production in GOM's Bass Lite Deepwater Field
Mariner Energy, Inc. has completed the primary production system for its Bass Lite deepwater field in the Gulf of Mexico. The completed system allows production of up to 130 million cubic feet of natural gas per day (MMcf/d) from the two wells at Bass Lite, up from previous early production levels of 70-75 MMcf/d. Current daily production from the field is 118 MMcf/d.
Bass Lite, located in Atwater Valley Block 426 in water depths of approximately 6,750 feet, commenced operation in February 2008 from an early production system that allowed a single well to produce while construction of the primary production system was completed. Natural gas is produced from Bass Lite via a 56-mile subsea tieback to the Devils Tower Spar located on Mississippi Canyon Block 773.
Mariner is the Operator at Bass Lite and holds a 42.2% working interest in the field. Other working interest owners in the field include EOG Resources, Inc., Energy Resource Technology GOM, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Helix Energy Solutions Group; Deep Gulf Energy LP, and Eni.
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- Texas' Austin Chalk Booms While Shale Plays Remain Mostly Dormant (Dec 07)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- US Drillers Add No Oil Rigs as Harvey Slows Production - Baker Hughes (Sep 01)
Company: Energy Resource Technology more info
- US Regulators Study Drilling in Shallow Water Following Blowout in July (Aug 06)
- BSEE Confirms ERT Stopped Leak in Natural Gas Well Off Louisiana Coast (Jul 15)
- ERT Stops Flow on Leaking Natural Gas Well Off Louisiana Coast (Jul 12)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)