SCAN Snags $70MM Seismic Contract Offshore Venezuela
SCAN Geophysical ASA (SCAN) has been awarded the Company's largest ever seismic contract, an approximately US $70 million program from Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) for 3,300 Km2 of 3D seismic work offshore Venezuela.
Preceded by earlier announced awards by PDVSA for seismic services offshore Venezuela, this contract calls for additional marine 3D seismic to be acquired in the Dragon Norte region. This award will backlog SCAN's proposed vessel, the M/V SCAN Resolution, into 3rd quarter of 2009.
"We are pleased that PDVSA has shown confidence in SCAN Geophysical by awarding us this contract, the largest to date for our Company," said Stephane Touche, Senior Vice President and COO of SCAN. "Keeping our 3D vessel working in this region for a major company is consistent with our overall strategy to maintain vessel presence in the Americas and to work directly for operating entities," he added.
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)
- Cuba Takes Over Venezuela Stake In Refinery Joint Venture (Dec 14)
- Union Leader: PDVSA's Amuay Refinery Halts Distillation Unit (Nov 30)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)