Zeus-1 Survey Wraps Up, Songa Venus to Drill Well in October
MEO Australia Limited advised that Fugro's survey vessel the Southern Supporter has returned to port having
completed the geographic survey of the Zeus-1 well site in permit WA-361-P in the offshore north Carnarvon Basin, Western Australia.
The recently completed survey by Fugro is designed to confirm the absence of anomalous features on the sea floor, identify the seabed terrain and provide sufficient shallow geological data to enable the safe and efficient anchorage of the Songa Venus semisubmersible drilling vessel.
The Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts have advised this week that in accordance with MEO's EPBC Referral (2008/4351) together with some acceptable prescribed procedural aspects, the drilling of Zeus-1 is not considered a controlled action under the EPBC Act.
Songa Offshore, the Operator of the Songa Venus drilling vessel has confirmed the drilling rig is on track in its current work program which sees the vessel expected to commence set-up and drilling of the Zeus-1 well targeting the multi-Tcf Zeus play around October 31, 2008.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)