Indus Spuds SSG-1 in India
Indus Gas Limited has spudded the SSG-1 well in Block RJ-ON/6 in the mid Indus basin, India.
Based on 2D seismic, the SSG-1 well has a planned terminal depth of 3,500m and will initially target the Pariwar formation. The well is identified in the Competent Persons Report and the AIM Admission Document (dated May 29, 2008) as SFT-7/L. The SSG-1 well is being drilled utilising the ZJ-70-1 drilling rig, which was previously used to drill the SPF-1 well.
Since the IPO, the Company has also successfully acquired 252 Lkm of 2D seismic, of which 137 Lkm has been processed and interpreted. The seismic data acquired will assist in identifying the drilling locations for a number of further appraisal and exploration wells.
The mobilization of specialist equipment to successfully test the recently drilled and cased SPF-1 well is continuing as planned. The equipment, which includes production logging tools, will enable the Company to obtain a better analysis of the gas/water behavior and obtain pressure and flow rates.
Indus has a 90% participating interest in the Block (except SGL field, where its interest is 63% following a 30% back-in by ONGC) and Focus Energy is the Operator of the Block.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- ONGC Is Said to Plan $4.8 Billion Indian Oil, GAIL Stake Sale (Feb 07)
- India's ONGC Raises $2.38B From Banks To Buy Refinery Stake (Jan 23)
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
Company: Focus Energy more info
- Focus Energy Encounters Gas While Drilling Eastern Promise-1 (Aug 18)
- Indus Spuds SSG-1 in India (Aug 22)
- Enerplus and Focus Close Strategic Merger (Feb 13)