B&W's Subsidiary Grabs Contract to Supply Oil Sands Equipment
McDermott International, Inc. announced that a subsidiary of The Babcock & Wilcox Company ("B&W") has been awarded a contract by Jacobs Canada Inc., as agent for Fort Hills Energy LP, to supply four modularized boilers and auxiliary equipment. These units will provide utility steam for cogeneration at the Fort Hills' mine and are scheduled to be delivered by April 2010.
"We look forward to growing our relationship with Fort Hills and to increasing our role as a major supplier of steam-producing equipment in the Canadian Oil Sands. This contract demonstrates our ability to develop products to meet the specific challenges of the Alberta marketplace, including environmental requirements, construction resource supply, equipment performance, and reliability," said Brandon Bethards, President of B&W's Power Generation Group.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Fort Hills Energy Corp. more info
- UTS Fires Up Heavy Drilling Program in Firebag Oil Sands Leases (Feb 06)
- B&W's Subsidiary Grabs Contract to Supply Oil Sands Equipment (Aug 21)
- Petro-Canada Garners Extra 5% Stake in Fort Hills Oilsands Project (Sep 20)