Cobra 1A ST3 Reaches Total Depth, Logging Underway
Oil Search Limited has reported that on August 21, 2008, the Cobra 1A ST3 well was at a total depth of 2,836 meters and an electric logging program was underway. Progress for the week was 70 meters.
Preliminary interpretation of log data indicates the Hedinia sandstone interval intersected in Cobra 1A ST3 is similar to that in Cobra 1A ST2 and of better quality and thicker than that in Cobra 1A and Cobra 1A ST1. Elevated gas readings up to C5 were encountered within the upper section of the Hedinia sandstone.
The forward plan is to complete the formation evaluation program to determine the fluid type within the interval where elevated gas readings have been recorded.
Cobra 1A ST3 is located in PPL 190 and lies 13 kilometers east of the SE Gobe oil field and 7 kilometers east of the Bilip oil discovery.
The participants in Cobra 1A ST3 are:
- Oil Search Limited 62.556%
- Murray Petroleum Co. Ltd 26.497%
- Cue PNG Oil Company 10.947%
- Total 100%
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
Company: Cue Energy Resources more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)