Halo Opens New Rigging Warehouse at InterMoor's Fourchon Facility
Halo, LLC will open its new rigging warehouse and test facility in Fourchon, La., in September 2008. Halo's facility will be located in InterMoor’s 25-acre Fourchon yard and provides both companies with expanded services and capabilities for their customers.
The Halo facility includes an 11,000-sq ft warehouse and fabrication shop, a hydraulic swaging machine capable of pressing up to 3.5-in. sleeves and seven spooling units with the largest capable of handling 300,000 lbs. In addition, the facility features a 3-million-lb, 220-ft load test bed with 11-ft stroke capable of testing mooring lines and heavy-lift slings of all types and sizes. The test bed is expected to be operational in the fourth quarter of 2008.
In conjunction with the equipment, Halo provides the following global services:
- Visual rigging gear, mooring system and crane inspections performed by certified level II & III inspectors.
- Training courses teaching proper rigging inspection, crane inspection, rigging safety and socket pouring techniques.
- Non-destructive testing using magnetic-particle inspection and ultrasonic inspection.
- Third-party inspections.
- RFID tagging on all rigging and mooring gear to enhance traceability.
Other domestic services include:
- Spooling services offering spool-to-spool transfer, cut length and re-spooling.
- Cleaning and lubricating of rigging gear.
- Socket pouring.
- Pad-eye, basket and bridle proof testing.
- Water-bag testing services, sales and rentals.
By leasing at InterMoor's facility, Halo gains access to InterMoor's heavy-lift and equipment handling capabilities to support its inspection, maintenance and repair services. Those capabilities include the "Cajun Lifter," an 880-ton ringer crane; two crawler cranes with 225 and 300-ton capacities; three conventional forklifts; and additional support equipment. InterMoor’s facility includes more than 1,200 ft of bulkhead waterfront dock space, a warehouse and an office.
"Halo's presence at this location provides expanded service opportunities and convenience to our customers. Because of the central location of the yard and on-site inspection services, customers benefit with a significant reduction in transportation costs, and the turnaround time for inspection and testing is also greatly reduced," said Tom Fulton, InterMoor president.
"This strategic alliance is an industry first. Having full-service rigging and inspection capabilities in this new location will allow InterMoor and Halo to provide efficient response times in the most strategic offshore support base in the world. We incorporate innovative systems and the latest technologies that are unparalleled within the industry. In turn, these new technologies will fulfill our mission and goal for this industry of "Life First," said Ken Ragusa, Halo president/owner.