Awilco Highlights Jackup Commitments, Q2 Earnings
Awilco Offshore ASA has provided an operational and financial update for the quarter ended June 30, 2008.
In July, China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL) launched a recommended voluntary cash tender offer at NOK 85 per share for 100% of the shares of AWO. On August 15, the acceptance period for the offer expired and COSL reached an acceptance level of 98.8% of the total number of shares. COSL expects the transaction to be completed by late September/ early October.
In August, Awilco Offshore, through Premium Drilling, received a Letter of Intent for the jackup drilling rig WilForce with a contract value of about US $36.5 million. Awilco, through Premium Drilling, also received a
Letter of Intent for the jackup drilling rig WilCraft with a contract value of approximately US $17.5 million.
In June, it was announced that on WilBoss will be assigned for 2 firm plus 2 optional wells to Nido Petroleum Phillippines Pty Ltd. Also in June, Awilco reached an agreement with ConocoPhillips Skandinavia to extend the contracts for the accommodation units Port Rigmar and Port Reval for an accumulated period of approximately five years. The contract value is approximately US $375 million.
Second quarter 2008
Total revenues for the quarter were US $105.3 million. Operating revenues, excluding reimbursable revenues and other income were US $99.6 million. Operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) was US $50.6 million, and operating profit came to MUSD 40.3. EBITDA excluding non-cash elements was US $60.5 million.
Profit before tax was US $34.9 million, and net profit US $25.8 million. Earnings per share was US $0.17.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: China Oilfield Services Ltd (COSL) more info
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Nido Petroleum more info
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)
Company: Premium Drilling more info
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)