Scorpion Snares Order to Use Offshore Freedom in Arabian Gulf
Scorpion International Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Scorpion Offshore Ltd., through its Saudi Arabian venture partner, Odfjell Drilling Services LLC, received a letter of commitment for the Offshore Freedom for
operations in the Arabian Gulf beginning late first quarter 2009. The proposed contract is for 4 years and is anticipated to generate approximately US$ 282 million in revenue. Scorpion Offshore Ltd.'s revenue backlog, through 2018, now exceeds $1.8 billion.
The Offshore Freedom is currently being constructed at Lamprell in Sharjah and is scheduled for delivery at the end of the first quarter 2009.
The letter of commitment is subject to the execution of a contract, presentation of a mobilization bond and provision of proof of insurance.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)