Shareholders Accept STX's Mandatory Offer to Acquire Aker's Shares
STX's financial advisors, ABG Sundal Collier, have confirmed that STX Norway AS has received acceptances from shareholders representing a total of 54,532,431 shares under the mandatory offer to acquire shares in Aker Yards. After settlement of the mandatory offer STX Norway AS will hold a total of 100,416,141 shares in AKY, corresponding to 88.39% of the total outstanding shares in the Company.
Aker Yards holds 5,000,000 treasury shares, and STX Norway AS will therefore after settlement of the mandatory offer control more than nine tenths of the shares in Aker Yards for the purpose of the right to demand a forced transfer of the remaining shares in accordance with the Public Limited Companies Act section 4-25 and the Securities Trading Act section 6-22. STX Norway AS may therefore after settlement of the mandatory offer decide to force the transfer of the remaining shares in Aker Yards, and the remaining shareholders will
be entitled to demand that STX Norway AS takes over their shares.
If a forced transfer takes place within three months after the expiry date of STX's mandatory offer, the acquisition price shall correspond to the price paid by STX in the mandatory offer, i.e. NOK 63, unless another price is called for on special grounds.
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)
Company: STX Heavy Industries more info
- Noble Inks Drillship Deals with South Korea, ABS to Class First Vessel (Oct 29)
- Shareholders Accept STX's Mandatory Offer to Acquire Aker's Shares (Aug 21)
- STX Takes Strategic 39.2% Stake in Aker Yards (Oct 23)