Tethys to Complete JAS-2 Well Onshore Oman as Producer
Tethys has reported that the drilling of the JAS-2 well on Block 15 onshore Oman has finished and the well has reached a total measured depth of 4,018 meters. A horizontal section of 927 meters has been drilled in the reservoir section at a vertical depth of just over 3,000 meters. An extensive test program will commence next week.
The horizontal section was drilled in a south easterly direction and has confirmed the reservoir extension in this direction. The reservoir characteristics measured while drilling are as expected or better compared with data from the JAS-1 well which flowed 2,626 BOEPD last year. The horizontal section in JAS-2 is about 10% longer than that achieved in JAS-1.
The well will be completed as a producer and an extensive test program, including production flow measurements, will be conducted over several weeks starting in some ten days.
"We are very very happy with JAS-2 results so far," commented Tethys' Managing Director Magnus Nordin. "We have increased the horizontal section as compared to JAS-1 and the reservoir in this direction seems to live up to high expectations. We are now eagerly awaiting the flow test."
Tethys has a 40% interest and is Operator of Block 15. Danish company Odin Energi A/S holds the remaining 60% interest.
- Tethys Oil: 'Exciting Years' Ahead in Omani Blocks (Nov 07)
- Tethys Oil AB Agrees New Boundaries for Block 3 Onshore Oman (Nov 21)
- Tethys Increases Oil Production in Oman (Sep 19)
Company: Odin Energy Limited more info
- Tethys Collects 3D Seismic for Onshore Oman's Block 15 (Jan 08)
- Tethys to Complete JAS-2 Well Onshore Oman as Producer (Aug 20)
- Tethys Oil Spuds Well Onshore Oman (Jun 05)