Dana Petroleum Enters Drilling Rig Contract for Work Onshore Morocco
A drilling rig contract for the drilling of an exploration well on the Bouanane license onshore Morocco has been entered into by the Operator, Dana Petroleum plc, on behalf of the partner group including Tethys Oil and Eastern Petroleum.
The drilling rig, owned by Aladdin Middle East Ltd.,Tethys' partner in Turkey, is an American built 2,000 horsepower model with a depth capacity of 5,000 meters. The rig is currently being mobilized from Turkey to Morocco. It will first drill a well for another operator in Morocco before being mobilized to Bouanane to drill the Tafejjart-1 exploration well.
Tethys has a 12.5% interest in the Bouanane license and is carried for the first US $12 million of drilling cost.
"The Tafejjart-1 well offers an excellent risk reward for Tethys, with no cost for us up until $12 million of drilling cost and a very large upside if the well encounters natural gas," commented Tethys’ Managing Director Magnus Nordin.
Dana is the Operator of the Bouanane license holding 50% interest, with Tethys and Eastern holding 12.5% each. The Moroccan state oil and mining company, ONHYM, has a carried 25% interest.
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: Tethys Oil AB more info
- Tethys Oil: 'Exciting Years' Ahead in Omani Blocks (Nov 07)
- Tethys Oil AB Agrees New Boundaries for Block 3 Onshore Oman (Nov 21)
- Tethys Increases Oil Production in Oman (Sep 19)
Company: ONHYM more info
- Gas Production Restarts at ONHYM Pipeline in Morocco (Sep 16)
- Eni Enters Offshore Morocco Exploration Permits (Mar 30)
- Circle Oil: KSR-A Well Onshore Morocco Flows Gas (Oct 13)
Company: Eastern Petroleum more info
- Dana's Azhar-7x Demonstrates Extension of Azhar Field in Egypt (Aug 04)
- Tethys to Withdraw from Onshore Bouanane License (Aug 04)
- Tethys Becomes Paying Partner for Tafejjart-1 Onshore Morocco (Jun 08)
Company: Aladdin Oil & Gas more info
- Zion Oil Anticipates Drilling Commencement in Israel by April 2009 (Mar 20)
- Aladdin O&G Drills Successful Well in Ukhta (Feb 04)
- Aladdin O&G Uncovers Hydrocarbons at Orenburg's Bogdanovskaya License (Jan 19)